If You have any Special Needs or Need a Reasonable Accommodation, Please Contact us Immediately!
**Please note that pre-registration is required for this event and walk-ins are not permitted.**
LEAD INSPECTOR TRAINING
This 24-hour Lead Inspector Initial training course is required by the Ohio Department of Health to apply for a Lead Abatement Inspector license and a pre-requisite for the Lead Risk Assessor license.
The purpose of this course is to equip inspectors with the specialized skills necessary to conduct accurate and defensible residential inspections for lead-based paint. Course follows EPA curriculum and HUD guidelines.
History of lead use, sources of environmental lead contamination, development of sampling strategies, lead-based paint sampling and analysis, inspection report generation, testing of other media for lead contamination, Ohio Department of Health rules, EPA/HUD regulations, theory and use of x-ray fluorescence analyzers, disclosure requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Housing/commercial building inspectors, industrial hygienists, environmental safety and health consultants, trainers, and community development professionals should attend. This course is a prerequisite for the Risk Assessor Training course.
From the Ohio Department of Health Frequently Asked Questions Memo regarding Lead Inspectors:
Lead Inspector scope of practice.
1) A Lead Inspector is licensed to perform:
- a) Lead inspections;
- b) Lead-based paint sampling; and
- c) Clearance examinations.
2) A Lead Inspector shall not:
- a) Perform lead risk assessments, lead hazard screen risk assessments, or other lead assessment activities;
- b) Design lead abatement projects;
- c) Prepare pre-abatement plans; or
- d) Perform lead abatement, lead-safe renovations, or essential maintenance practices.
For driving directions enter your starting address: